Symptoms Of Chocolate Allergy: Home Treatment for Allergic Reaction
Symptoms Of Chocolate Allergy: Home Treatment For Allergic Reaction
Adults and children alike passionately eat and crave chocolate. But there are many who are afraid to taste chocolate, if you further ask them, they will narrate you stories of how they got undesirable chocolate allergy symptoms.
The largest part of chocolate is made up of cocoa. There are many other ingredients and additives used during its manufacturing process. These are milk, wheat and gluten, soy, corn syrup, caffeine, nuts and fruits different colors and flavors. Any one or more of these ingredients can trigger off chocolate allergy symptoms and not just the cocoa.
Chocolate Allergy Symptoms And Reactions
Chocolate allergy symptoms can occur as soon as a person eats his favorite chocolate bar or a candy. Following are the symptoms of chocolate allergy:
- Chocolate allergy rash is usually the first symptom to occur as soon as a person eats a chocolate.
- Itchy skin.
- Runny and watery nosy.
- Irritability due to presence of theobromine present in chocolate. It acts as a stimulant to the nervous system.
- Breathing difficulty.
- Eruptions around the mouth with itching and swelling are the usual signs of chocolate allergy in children.
- Red and inflamed throat is another sign of chocolate allergy, commonly observed in kids.
- Headaches due to presence of caffeine.
- Dry, scaly and itchy eczema.
- Itching in anus.
- In rare cases anaphylaxis reaction.
Home Treatment For Allergic Reaction To Chocolates
Avoiding chocolates and other food products that contain chocolate is the best remedy to stay away from allergy to chocolates. However certain home remedies can give relief to the symptoms of allergy once chocolate allergy occurs.
- For breathing problems and runny nose: pour 2 to 3 drops of eucalyptus oil in boiling water and inhale the vapors. It helps to clear the respiratory tract and nasal passage and reduces sneezing.
- Runny nose and burning eyes can be treated with the herb yarrow.
- For reducing headaches, eat sugar candy with coconut in equal amounts. Headache can be relieved with a massage of rosemary water.
- A paste prepared from sandalwood and rose water when applied to the allergic skin rash will decrease itching and redness.
Symptoms Of Chocolate Allergy Home Treatment For Allergic Reaction.html By M K